The POS Manager offers you with the gift card editor a variety of possibilities to manage your gift cards easily and quickly on the computer.
Add Gift card
1. Log in to POS Manager.
2. Go to Inventory > Gift cards.
3. Click on Add Gift card.
Enter gift card information
- Gift card name (mandatory field): This will appear on the invoice.
- VAT (required field): Assign the appropriate VAT rate to the product.
- Categories: You can assign the product to an already created category.
- Free price entry (for iPad checkout): If you don't want to assign a fixed selling price to the product, you can enable this option. Then every time you add the product to the cart in the iPad checkout, an individual price can be entered.
- Supplier: You can specify the supplier here. This information will appear in the product details.
- Description: The product description will appear in the product details.
Gift card details
The gift card details are information that can be entered individually (if needed) for each variation:
- Purchase price: here you can change the purchase price.
Important: Shore POS automatically calculates the average of all purchase prices you enter for inventory changes. By entering a new purchase price here you overwrite this value.
- Sales price: Enter here the sales price including VAT.
- Quantity: Here you can manually adjust the product stock.
- EAN: You can enter an EAN code for the product to scan it.
- Item number: You can enter an item number for the product. When searching for products in the app and in the back office, you can search for the item number or the product name, for example. The item number will also appear on the invoice.
- Safety stock: You can specify a safety or minimum stock level for the product. When the product reaches this value, it will be displayed graphically in the app and in POS Manager. You can also use this value for the filter function.
- Reorder point: You can specify a reorder point for the product. When the product reaches this value, it will be displayed graphically in the app and in the POS Manager. You can also use this value for the filter function.
Manage images (in the Shore POS app)
You can store one or more images for the gift card. This appears in the tile view in the POS menu of the app. To add a photo, click + Add Photo or the camera icon.
To remove an image, click the gear icon in the top left of the image and then select Delete.
If you have multiple images stored, you can change the order by dragging them. The image in the first position will be displayed as a preview image in the checkout.
- Gift cards that do not refer to a more precisely defined service or product are an exchange of a means of payment (e.g. cash) for another means of payment (gift card) and are therefore not subject to sales tax. VAT is only payable when the gift card is redeemed.
- You can also issue a gift card instead of the cash amount for returns. This way you promote customer loyalty! To do this, create a gift card with free price entry and call it "credit note", for example.
- Important: We recommend that you consult your tax advisor if you have any questions or are unclear.
Gift card report
- Log in to POS Manager.
- Go to Live Reports > Gift cards Report. Here you will find a current gift cards report with the respective residual value and the details of the redemption.